What is Playgroup?
Playgroup is for babies, toddlers and preschoolers and their parents or carers. Playgroup is an informal, low cost gathering and is run by the parents and carers in them.
Why join Bright Playgroup?
At playgroup children can:
- make new friends
- have new experiences
- gain self confidence
- develop physically, socially, emotionally and intellectually
- develop their skills of cooperation through free play
- develop verbal and non verbal communication skills through their contact with other children and adults
- develop fine and gross motor skills
- gain better body control, hand to eye coordination, spatial awareness and balance when they play with balls, sand, blocks, puzzles, playdough, paint and paste
- discover shape, size, texture, quantity and consistency when they play with dough and clay
- learn to recognize colours, develop fine motor skills and express emotions by experimenting with paint, collage, chalk, crayons and stamps
- extend their experience of literacy in a social environment.
How parents can benefit:
- Playgroup can be a lifeline to parents with babies, toddlers and preschoolers who might not have any other opportunity to get to know local parents going through similar experiences.
What does the Bright Playgroup do?
Bright Playgroup has a great range of indoor toys and puzzles and outdoor play activities including a sandpit, swings, cubby house, slide, tower and blackboard. Each week a craft activity is organized for the children in addition to free play. Parents are encouraged to bring a snack for their own children so they can join in at snack time.
Special activities held throughout the year include an annual external activity located within the Alpine Shire and a Santa visit to Playgroup at Christmas. Also a plate to share at the end of each term is a great way to finish off the term for kids and parents alike!
Finding Bright Playgroup
Bright Playgroup is held in the Multipurpose Room of Alpine View Children’s Centre on
Deacon Avenue, Bright, Victoria
Contact: Janette Jones - email@example.com
Hours: 10.00am – 11.30am each Monday during the School Term
Closed: School Holidays