Our children are constantly presenting interesting challenges for us as parents. To keep abreast of these and get some ideas on how to deal with these new 'stages' we recommend some reading or chatting with other parents/professionals.
Top parenting websites:
Interesting fact sheets:
A great program for learning about parenting – PPP
Whether you’re a parent, practitioner or an organisation that works with parents, the award winning triple P – positive parenting program, backed by over 25 years of clinically proven, worldwide research, has the answers to your parenting questions. Triple P has listened to and worked with thousands of parents and professionals across the world. Whether you’re a parent of a tantrum throwing toddler or a truant teenager, this program will be able to provide you with the tools you need to deal with parenting.
Website : www1.triplep.net
- Maternal and Child Health Nurse - 24 hrs, 7 days - 13 22 29
- National Breast Feeding Helpline - 24 hrs, 7 days - 1800 MUM 2 MUM (1800 686 2 686)
- Family Relationship Advice Line - 8am to 8pm Mon–Fri, 10am to 4pm Sat - 1800 050 321
- Alcohol and Drug Information Services - 24 hrs, 7 days - 1800 422 599
- Kids Helpline - 24 hrs, 7 days - 1800 551 800
- Lifeline - 24 hrs, 7 days - 141 114
- Violence Against Women - 24 hrs, 7 days - 1800 200 526
- Mensline Australia - 24 hrs, 7 days - 1800 789 978
- National Poisons Information Line - 24 hrs, 7 days - 13 1126